Check out this list of our most commonly asked questions to find the answer you’re looking for.
What is WWS Membership Program?
- WWS is a cardless membership program which can be used by a member globally.
- WWS Members can take advantage of a 10% discount on purchase of any regular priced merchandise in selected Giordano stores, locally and globally. WWS Members will also earn points on their purchases locally.
- A member will be entitled to 20% discount on all purchases done on their birthday and earn points.
- Members can redeem their points up to 20% of the purchase value on any regular priced items. No discounts will be given on any transaction when points are being redeemed.
- There will be exclusive promotions and discounts from time to time for members.
How can customers become WWS members?
Membership is available to anyone with a local mobile phone number who makes an initial purchase of SAR 200 or more in a single transaction.
Can customers accumulate the total transaction worth SAR 200 to join the program?
- No customers cannot accumulate their transaction receipts (total of SAR 200) to avail of the membership. A single transaction of SAR 200 or more is required to enroll.
How many memberships can a person have?
Each person can have one WWS membership only.
Can a member transfer his membership / points to another member?
WWS Membership is non-transferrable. Members must provide a valid I.D. when availing discounts and / or redeeming points. It is important to check with each customer if they are a WWS member before doing a WWS transaction.
Can Giordano Staff become a WWS Member?
Giordano staff CANNOT be a WWS member.
What data is necessary for Membership registration? And when it will get activated?
- Membership will be activated within 1 week of registration. 3 Elements are mandatory for membership registration in the system. They are:
- ** Local Mobile number (12 digits) e.g. 966501234567
- ** Date of Birth (mmdd) (4 digits) e.g. 0408 (8th April)
- ** Password (6 digits) e.g. 123456
- Please note that this information is mandatory, explain to customer that:
- Local Mobile Number will help us to send them SMS on birthday, points expiry, membership details, special offers & promotions.
- Date of Birth is necessary to get 20% discount on their Birthday.
- Password is necessary for privacy and points redemption.
- Registered mobile number and birthday cannot be changed.
Is there any expiry of the WWS membership?
All points together with membership automatically expire when a customer remains in-active for a period of 2 years.
How can WWS members earn points?
For every 1 Riyal spent by the member at any Giordano store they will earn 1 point.
Will membership points expire?
Yes, the points will expire every 2 years from date of membership. Members need to redeem the points before expiry. Expired points cannot be recovered and become null and void.
How does the member check on the number of points to his credit?
The member’s point balance will be printed on the receipt after every purchase. It will also be available on our e-Giordano website.
What is the redeeming value of the member’s points?
Each point is equal to 5 Halala. 20 Points is equal to 1 Riyal.
How can a member redeem his points?
- WWS Points redemption can be done only in the country of membership registration.
- WWS members can use their points to redeem up to 20% of the purchase value of any regular priced items. No discounts will be given on any transaction when points are being redeemed.
- If the Customer would like to redeem points, then the cashier has to scan the Items first and then scan the membership no. to make redemption transaction without any discounts.
Is it possible for a WWS member to redeem his points for a gift Voucher?
Points can only be redeemed against purchases in the Giordano stores. Redemption can be up to a maximum of 20% of the receipt value per transaction.
If the WWS member refunds the items, what is the effect on the points?
The points on the merchandise refunded will be deducted from the total points earned.
When a member redeems 20% of his transaction value, will the points be updated?
No, the balance purchase will not be added to the point. Redemption transaction will not add points.
What happens when a member forgets his password?
There are 2 ways for the customer to obtain his password
- The member can obtain the password through our e-Giordano website.
- The member can contact our Customer Service Department.
What happens if a member forgets his WWS membership ID?
- If the member has given us his details such as name, mobile number then we may be able to retrieve the details.
- If the member has not given his details then he will need to register again as a new WWS member as the Old data will be null and void.
What are the various SMS WWS members receive from Giordano and when?
- Birthday discount – Remember!! On your Birthday, you are eligible for 20 percent discount in all Giordano stores.
- Points Expiry – We will send a reminder SMS to customer 1 month before expiry date. Dear WWS member, your points are expiring on . Kindly redeem at any Giordano store before expiry.
Which are the countries / regions where WWS customers can get their Discounts & Points?
Currently WWS membership is accepted in the following countries / regions Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, Macau, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand and United Arab Emirates.
Can WWS member get discounts for Corporate / Wholesale transactions?
WWS is not applicable for Corporate / Wholesale transactions.
Is a WWS customer entitled to get 10% discount on Markdown / Budget Items?
- No, System will not give points & discounts for Budget & Mark down Items, if it is discounted (due to error) please inform BMQ, so that they can update the system with “No further Discount” option.
- WWS offers cannot be combined with any other promotion or discount. Members should choose which offer they prefer at the time of purchase.
When a customer changes his mobile no, will it affect his membership?
There are 2 mobile nos. in the system, registered mobile no & Contact mobile no (for sending SMS). Both can be same or different. The registered mobile no. cannot be changed as it is the membership number in the System. The new mobile no. needs to be updated in the Contact field. This will ensure that the Customer Database is updated and customer will be able to get SMS from Giordano.
What if the member gives his ID and password to other family members for use?
- Normally each customer needs to become a member and use his individual number. However immediate family may use the same membership number provided the member is present at the time of transaction. Cashiers need to verify the members name with any valid id card at the time of redemption/giving discounts.
- Any issues of possible abuse need to be verified and concerned persons informed.
How will you verify member’s details?
- You can attempt to retrieve his data by first entering his WWS no – If it is unique then the details will be retrieved. If duplicate found then go to the next step.
- Enter the birthday month – Again if it is unique then you will have retrieved the data. If not (there is a duplicate) then go to the next step.
- Request the member to enter his/ her password. This will bring up the correct data (by highlighting it).
What is the process, If the customer comes to the shop for an exchange/ refund?
For any refunds or exchange please ask for receipt of the transaction in order to verify member details. If he has a receipt the system will automatically adjust the points when you transact with WWS ID.